Education (Preschool to Secondary)
Spurwink special education schools address the needs of students with emotional and learning difficulties, as well as maladaptive behaviors. We offer a range of programs from preschool to high school for children with mental health diagnoses, intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
At Spurwink, our approach is student-centered with an emphasis on individual strengths. Our small classroom size allows for frequent one-on-one attention and adapting to individual needs.
- An Individual Education Plan customized for each student and aligned with state and federal standards
- A low student-to-staff ratio
- Access to assistive technology devices
- Instructional and interactive technologies to meet the diverse needs of the individuals we serve
- Full academic special education in safe and secure environments
- Family-inclusive orientation
- Transitional and discharge services
- Special Education Teacher
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech/language Pathologist
- Social Worker
- Transition Specialist
Creating a safe environment for kids
Tara talks about one of the ways Spurwink is creating a safe place for kids to communicate and learn new social skills and strategies.
Experience Spurwink with Kevin Mannix
Kevin Mannix of WCSH 6 Portland visits the Residential and Day Treatment Program at Cummings.
Quality includes an in-depth look at the various aspects of the client and family experience.